Sunday, May 11, 2014

#Autism Moms Need "Me Time" Just Like Everyone Else Does!


I know, it has been quite awhile since I have posted! Between taking care of the family, working full-time and recently returning to college, I have been pushing the term "multi-tasking" to the limits!! I'm in my last week of my first semester back to college in twenty-five years and my last several assignments are due in less than seventy-two hours. Even though I am exhausted, I am excited to report that I am currently carrying an "A" 91.67 in my English Comp II course! 

Today, millions of American mothers celebrated Mother's Day, many of which are mothers, like myself, who have been blessed by children with #Autism. Each of us has a physical, and emotional, limit of what we can handle. Just like anyone else, we need the time to re-energize from the challenges thrown at us, in the course of our daily lives. It is important to have the support of family members, friends, neighbors and coworkers especially when it comes to scheduling the "me time" needed to maintain or, in most cases, to replenish the charge of our personal battery. 

If YOU know a mother, or a caregiver, of a child with #Autism, please offer your support to them. Ask her what you can do to help her. Whether it is by watching the child and making it possible for her to have the opportunity to do something for herself, or by simply connecting her with the resources to assist her in accomplishing something in her daily routine which might not have been possible otherwise, it is an extremely gratifying feeling to be able to "make a difference" in someone's life! Please take a few moments to #share this with someone and raise awareness for #Autism in your local community. You never know when you will come in contact with an individual who needs a "hand up"...and being able to contribute towards their success will be something that they will remember for a long time!

1 comment:

  1. I finished the spring semester with a 92.29 "A" in my Eng Comp II class. Woot! Woot! :)

    ReplyDelete