Tuesday, April 7, 2020

How Are You Keeping Track of Your Time at Home During This Health Crisis?

How did you keep up with your schedule before it was abruptly changed by the health crisis? Whether you previously used a calendar, day planner, or your phone to guide your day, you should allow yourself the opportunity to shake things up since your schedule has drastically changed! There are a variety of ways that can help you keep track of your sheltering in place experiences such as keeping a journal, starting a podcast, or blogging as a way to share with family and friends. Just like any other decision, you have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each option. 

If you prefer to write things down manually versus looking at an electronic screen while typing your thoughts, writing in a traditional, book-like journal will most likely suit you best. If you do not live by yourself, you will want to keep your journal in a secure place when you are not writing in it to ensure that no one has access to your private thoughts. If you have a roommate, you will definitely not want to leave it lying around for him or her to pick up and read. 

If you are comfortable sharing your thoughts, advice, or expertise with others, you may want to either start a podcast or a blog. You will want to research which platforms offer what you are looking for, check out an online demo, read any available reviews, and eliminate those that want you to pay monthly or annual fees. You should not feel that you have to make a decision right away, especially if you are not sure if this is what you want to do. 

I chose Blogger when I started documenting our family's journey nine years ago, and I wish that I could dedicate more of my time to posting helpful information on my site. I enjoy advocating for individuals who have autism spectrum disorders by sharing what I have learned through personal and work experience, as well as the knowledge that I have acquired through the college psychology courses that I have taken. It has also been very therapeutic and beneficial for me to be able to document my son's challenges, what helped him to overcome them, and the wonderful progress that he has made since he was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders twelve years ago just before he started kindergarten; and using Blogger is free!

You have to decide which option works best for you by weighing the advantages and disadvantages of each one. Whatever you decide, you can choose how often you want to share your experiences and how much time you want to set aside to share, record, or document them.

Browse my site to check out the layout and contact me if you have any questions. I would be glad to set a Google (Hangouts) Meet session with you so that you can see how everything on Blogger functions. If you are interested, please private message me on Twitter @NathansVoice

I want to thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please join me in #CelebratingAutismAwarenessMonth by #sharing this post with your family and/or a friend. I appreciate your support and always look forward to hearing from my readers when they have time to leave a comment below. 

Stay well and safe!

Your friend,

Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment